Expanding your idea of a career in Lighting Design
An ONLINE introduction to the profession of lighting design. What are the career options in Lighting Design that are outside of the traditional theater? How do you get started in architecture, themed entertainment, concert, industrial, television, lighting for virtual spaces (animation) or art? This 7-week course will explore all of these career options with leaders from the profession, giving you practical information about what you will need to get started in these exciting career paths.
As with ALL Studio School of Design ONLINE Courses, each session will be videotaped and shared with participants for a limited time in case you can not attend a specific session.
Studio School Courses are open to participants from around the world.
This course will meet on a video link for 7 sessions on Tuesdays from May 31-July 12, from 7:00pm-8:30pm UTC-4 (EDT).
Roma Flowers and Guests Heather Carson, Jasmine Katatikurn, Kevin Lawson, Hillary Rosen, and Steven Rosen
Seven (7) – 90-minute Sessions (order subject to change based on guest availability)
- Tuesday May 31, 7:00pm-8:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): Introduction to the world of lighting design. How do we tell stories, how do we think about light. Roma Flowers
- Tuesday June 7, 7:00pm-8:30pm UTC-4 (EDT) Roma Flowers and Guest: Hilary Rosen: Themed Entertainment
- Tuesday June 14, 7:00pm-8:30pm UTC-4 (EDT) Roma Flowers and Guest: Jasmine Katatikarn: Lighting Design for Animation
- Tuesday June 21, 7:00pm- 8:30pm UTC-4 (EDT) Roma Flowers and Guest: Steven Rosen: Architectural Lighting Design
- Tuesday June 28, 7:00pm – 8:30pm UTC-4 (EDT) Roma Flowers and Guest: Kevin Lawson: Television Lighting Design
- Tuesday July 5, 7:00pm – 8:30pm UTC-4 (EDT) Roma Flowers and Guest: Heather Carson: Moving into the Gallery: Light and Art
- Tuesday July 12, 7:00pm – 8:30pm UTC-4 (EDT): Class Wrap-up and reflection. Class discussion with Roma Flowers.
Scholarship support for this course has been made possible by donations from generous supporters of the Studio School of Design. Please become a supporter today to help us continue to achieve our community’s mission to make our profession stronger through knowledge, access and belonging.